Interfaces no. 8
Issue No. 8 of Interfaces: A Journal of Medieval European Literatures is now available!
This issue is titled Astronomy and Literature | Canon and Stylometrics and contains two thematic clusters: the first cluster, entitled The Astronomical Imagination in Literature through the Ages, is edited by Dale Kedwards; the second cluster, entitled Medieval Authorship and Canonicity in the Digital Age, is edited by Jeroen De Gussem and Jeroen Deploige.
Cluster 1: The Astronomical Imagination in Literature through the Ages
- Dale Kedwards. Astronomy, Literary Criticism, and Medieval Literature: An Introduction 7–13
- Tom McLeish, Mary Garrison. Reversals in Wartime: Alcuin and Charlemagne discuss Retrograde Motion 14–53
- Divna Manolova. Figures and Mirrors in Demetrios Triklinios's Selenography 54–73
- Victoria Flood. Johannes Kepler's Somnium and the Witches' Night Flight 74–97
- Matthew Francis. Towards Goosepunk: A Contemporary Poetic Treatment of Francis Godwin's The Man in the Moone 98–112
Cluster 2: Medieval Authorship and Canonicity in the Digital Age
- Jeroen Deploige, Jeroen De Gussem. Medieval Authorship and Canonicity in the Digital Age – an Introduction 113–124
- Jeroen De Gussem. Larger than Life? A Stylometric Analysis of the Multi-Authored Vita of Hildegard of Bingen 125–159
- Mary Dockray-Miller, Michael D.C. Drout, Sarah Kinkade, Jillian Valerio. The Author and the Authors of the Vita Ædwardi Regis: Women's Literary Culture and Digital Humanities 160–213
- Eveline Leclercq, Mike Kestemont. Advances in Distant Diplomatics: A Stylometric Approach to Medieval Charters 214–244
- Gustavo Fernández Riva. Naming and Renaming Texts: Rubrics in Middle High German Miscellany Manuscripts 245–263
Cover image: Laurits Gulløv, Untitled (Free floating item), 2017, lino print on paper, 30 x 64 cm – By kind permission of the Artist – https://lauritsgulloev.com